Something that was brought up with us today was the question of whether assets could prevent someone from qualifying for a healthplan subsidy in 2014. Presently, access to health plan subsidies under the ACA/affordable care act/PPACA/Obamacare are based on income, not assets. To be eligible for subsidized coverage, your modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) would have to be between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level ($11,490 to $45,960 for a single person in 2013). Of course, this assumes that you do not have access to other qualified coverage, such as an employer based plan or Medicare.
- Georgia Health plan subsidy information
- Get Obamacare: A video Tutorial to get you started
- Awaiting IRS clarification on carrier direct subsidies!!!
- Individual Mandate / Shared Responsibility Update October 28, 2013
- HHS proposes BASIC Healthplan rules